Getting things done.
In these challenging times, a better vision for the future is vital. Being able to move from vision to implementation even more important. During his career Rex has been recognized for his ability to get things done. (Download Rex’s Curriculum Vitae.)
What Rex can offer you:
From vision to tactics to implementation
- Strategic Planning And Advice
- Leadership Training And Coaching
- Policy Development
- Inspiration And Motivation For Community And Public Sector Leaders
- Creating Linkages And Collaborative Partnerships
- Securing Funding And Commitment
In demand: Rex has served on key task forces at the State and local level as well as national boards including Rail~volution and the Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations. Recipient of numerous local awards, his work has been recognized internationally as well, being invited to speak in countries throughout Latin America on sustainable transportation and climate change. He was honored in 2010 by being named one of ten Global Ambassadors for Ciclovia, an international movement to reclaim cities from the automobile.
A short version of Rex’s leadership:
- Founded the Bicycle Transportation Alliance (BTA): the catalyst in transforming Portland, OR into the bicycling capitol of North America.
- Co-founded the Coalition for a Livable Future (CLF), bringing more than 100 NGO’s together to support sustainable and equitable development in the greater Portland region.
- During his 12 year tenure as an elected Metro Councilor, Rex:
- Led agency’s first strategic plan, leading to a restructured agency more focused on it’s core mission, improved efficiency and stabilized financing (highest bond rating for a public agency in Oregon), better focus on outcomes for people and communities served.
- Reformed transportation policy and investment strategies through an outcomes and values based planning process. Engaging thousands of people in the process, the 20-year $30-billion dollar plan has been recognized nationally as best practice.
- Brought together a broad coalition of organizations and agencies to create a regional conservation education strategy, resulting in a more focused, aligned programs and funding conservation education for every sixth grade student in the metro region.
Some current work: Strategic planning for Know Your City and Friends of Outdoor School. Instigator/facilitator of new statewide coalition to integrate conservation education into preK-12 and higher education in Oregon. Recently published a guide to being a more effective leader and activist: The Activist’s Toolkit.
To contact Rex about speaking engagements, small group workshops, or to advise or collaborate on your pressing challenge, send him an email here.
Download Rex’s Curriculum Vitae.